The Romance Reviews

Friday 24 December 2010

Flying with Rudolph, the Reindeer


Merry Christmas, and a very merry holiday to everyone!

Whenever I pen Volcano’s Weekly Angelic Forecast, I also include a continuing story. What follows is a fanciful scene from the ongoing spiritual adventures of my hero, Volcano, and his author, me.

From a year ago...

December 21, 2009

Angelic Forecast ~ #68

Rudolph, here I come...

“I see his nose!”

In the distance a soft red glow forms a tiny halo. I watch as the red glow rises upwards and sails toward us, becoming ever larger and brighter.

Finally, I see the outline of a reindeer. He runs on the air as if he races over the tundra, a magnificent stag with antlers that branch handsomely.

All a-tingle, I feel as though I could float above the cloud.

“Go ahead,” the Heavenly One encourages.

I know what he means. Yet, it seems impossible, even in this land of the possible as I’ve never known it. Still, a leap of faith seems to be called for. After all, it is the time of the Winter Solstice.

“Three years from Winter Solstice 2012,” the Cherub solemnly intones, having read my mind, again.

“2012,” I repeat. “You and Sedona have already lived it.”

“We have. We are living it now.”

“Yes.” I lean forward, wanting to leap. Rudolph circles toward us, so majestic my breath catches.

"Fly,” the Heavenly One says. “Fly the way you’ve always wanted to.”

My eyelids shut briefly. As I open them, I shove off, willing myself to soar toward Rudolph.

At first, it feels as if I fall... a fall from grace, I think. Yet, a whirl of stars surround me and I’m floating. I stretch as if I really am flying, and the stars spiral faster.

Rudolph nears me, such a splendid reindeer creature, it’s difficult to know he’s real. With a wink of one big beautiful brown eye, he offers me his back.

Hop on. We’ll celebrate the new arrival of light.

Joy lives as an incredible force inside me. I alight on his warm, thickly furred back.

You don’t mean merely the lengthening of daylight, do you?

The love and caring of this time, this time of celebrating All that is Good, now lives in the world all year round as a New Light.
~~~~~~

Awaken to Your Heart this Holiday Season ~

Savanna

Savanna Kougar ~ Run on the Wild Side of Romance ~
~~~~~~

3 comments:

Savanna Kougar said...

Happy flying holidays!

Lindsay Townsend said...

I love this light-as-air fantasy, Savanna, so romantic and fun!

Happy Christmas Magic to you, to yours and to everyone.

Kisses, lindsay

Savanna Kougar said...

Oh, Lindsay, Merry Christmas Magic to you, and yours.

Kisses, Savanna