Linda Banche kindly nominated the Lindsay's Romantics blog for an award - the Irresistibly Sweet Blog Award. I'm delighted to receive this nomination, especially from Linda, who is a talented romance writer and a two-time EPICON finalist.
I love Linda's writing for its wit, pathos, humour, and gallantry. I love her dashing yet kindly heroes and her spirited and sympathetic heroines. I also really like the way her characters are not dukes and lords but more 'real' Regency figures, struggling with real issues of poverty, inheritance, obligation and sometimes deliberate malice. There is a great deal to enjoy in her novellas and I am really looking forward to her forthcoming 'An Inheritance for the Birds,' which appears on Feb 1st.
Here are my fellow authors and my noninations:
Jane Richardson http://janerichardsonhome.blogspot.com/
Alan Calder http://alancalderwriting.blogspot.com/
Linda Acaster http://lindaacaster.blogspot.com/
Jen Black http://jenblackauthor.blogspot.com/
Cathie Dunn http://cathiedunn.blogspot.com/
Lisa Yarde http://thebrooklynscribbler.blogspot.com/
Nicole Zoltack http://nicolezoltack.blogspot.com/
Jenny Twist https://sites.google.com/site/jennytwistauthor/
Rose Anderson http://calliopeswritingtablet.com/
Savanna Kougar http://kougarkisses.blogspot.com/
I hope you check out their websites - they are all really talented writers, like Linda B!
And finally here are seven things people may not know about me.
1. I once worked as a cleaner in a psychiatric hospital.
2. At 16 I took part in an archaeological 'rescue' dig - mainly shifting barrows of dirt but it was still interesting.
3. I love wild flowers, especially bluebells and harebells.
4. I've developed a late passion for pink!
5. Reading is a passion and a pleasure, as is listening to music.
6. It's my aim to see the Staffordshire Hoard.
7. I have a Viking! (He's only plastic, sadly, and sits in my study window.)
Thanks again to Linda and happy sharing with my nominees.