The Romance Reviews

Friday 6 December 2013

Guest Post - 'Unexpected Christmas' by Jean Hart Stewart

This is my Christmas book, an erotic Regency which is centered around a little known fact of that period which might surprise you. No, I'm not going to tell you what it is...I want you to read the book, naturally.

Here's the blurb:
Blurb for Unexpected Xmas

Stranded in a snowstorm on the way back to her teaching position, Caro Atterby rightly fears the too handsome nobleman who insists on helping her. Three days and unimaginably passionate nights with Sebastian change both their lives. Caro surrenders her body, but not her secrets. So disaster looms when Caro asserts they cannot marry because of her ruined reputation. Sebastian must fight his father, investigate an old tragedy, and convince Caro they can find happiness even if she doesn’t think it possible. 

Sebastian sets out to convince his love, unaware of how disastrous her past will loom, over-shadowing his efforts and perhaps dooming them. Then he finds help in the last place he’d expected. But will it be enough to save a love he knows is crucial for both Caro and himself?


 And here's an excerpt:
And the snow ball fight was on.
Ten minutes later Caro acknowledged defeat.
“If I could I’d hold out longer but I’m exhausted. I don’t think I could pack another snowball. It’s only that you have more strength, my lord, not that you have superior strategy.”
She stood, panting and smiling, and his heart betrayed him once again. His heart and his swollen cock. How he could grow so large with so little encouragement and snow down his shirt and neck he didn’t know.
Why did this one girl have such power over him? Surely it was only because there was no other distractions when they were so isolated.
He smiled a devilish grin.
“Did we set a forfeit for the loser? No, we did not. I therefore claim my winner’s prize.”
There in the snow he took her in his arms and kissed her with the passion that had been building for the last two days. Ever since she’d raised those glorious eyes. Greatcoats, capes, snow coating both their faces and hair, nothing could dim his kiss and her passionate response.
When he could breathe again he did not release his hold on her.
“Caro, do you know where this is going? Do you even begin to know how much I want you? I can’t promise to hold back tonight.”
She was silent even as she snuggled as close to him as she could get.
“Yes, I think I do. It’s not nearly as much as I want you, Sebastian. But if I surrender we both know what that means. I’m not worthy of your notice in the ton where you shine. And I’m not really cut out to be a mistress. I need to think.”
He buried his face in her hair.
“Ah, Caro. I want you more than I’ve ever wanted another woman.”
She moved away from him.
“I’m not sure that’s enough, Sebastian. Maybe for you. But maybe not for me.”

I hope you find it a Xmas treat....It's available at Ellora's Cave, Kindle, Amazon, Barnes and Noble, etc. Would love to have you read it and tell me what you think..  write me at http://www. jeanhartstewart.com . I love to hear from readers.










No comments: