Monday, 9 March 2009

Interconnected Photos

I do crazy things when I need to work out issues with a story. Sometimes I redo my a website, sometimes I hang out on the net. And sometimes I grab my camera and go out into the country. One cool, cloudy day I was out taking photos and was playing around in Microsoft paint. I took these two photos and combined them, printed it out, scanned it back to the computer where I reprinted it, scanned again. I wanted a look to it. I don't know how the professionals do it, but I was thrilled with the turnout. I thought it'd be perfect for a book of poems or something.

Now, I can figure out how to do stuff like this, but I can't manage to figure out how to do a book cover for a create space paperback. Go figure.



Lindsay Townsend said...

Super first post, Bekki! I like the way you've combined the photos - it really works. Best Lindsay

Bekki Lynn said...

Thanks, Lindsay.

It was fun.

Jane Richardson, writer said...

Very nice work, Bekki! I especially like the little bridge leading to the path that goes.....who knows where?? :)

Jane x

Bekki Lynn said...

Hi Jane -- Nice to see you.

I loved the bridge and mysterious path to where? as well.

LK Hunsaker said...

Bekki, I love the little bridge and pond, also, Great job superimposing. :-) I take it CreateSpace needs a full cover instead of just the front cover? I haven't figured that out yet, either.

Bekki Lynn said...

Hi LK,


I have a pdf file that I found last night that helps tremendously. I saved it to my harddrive -- my problem is sizing the background and making it transparent to see the instructions. I use Corel Paint Shop Pro Photo X2. I know when I finally figure it out, I'm going to feel so stupid.

Savanna Kougar said...

Bekki, it is perfect for poetry. I wish I could help you on Paint Shop, but I haven't had time to figure it out.

Bekki Lynn said...

I've figured out how to size it - like I said, once I did, I was going to feel stupid. I do. lol It was a matter of turning off the lock.

I think I can do it without out having to see through it. I can see enough of the binding markings to know where it is.

Maybe I'll have it figured out by the time the books are ready.

I still need to figure out how to format the .pdf files to 6x9 - I thought I had it figured out, but it still saved it as an 8x11. ack!