The Romance Reviews

Friday 4 January 2013

It's Get Organized Month by: Stephanie Burkhart



At least here in the states, it is, but, hey, anytime is a good time to get organized if you ask me.

January is a good time to work on your organizational skills. NAPO (National Association of Professional Organizers) have some suggestions where to start.

What are the benefits of organization?
Higher Quality of Life
Greater Sense of Control
More time for hobbies and family

For me, I've been dealing with finding balance. I've bitten off more than I can chew so I've been reorganizing and putting a higher priority on writing and real life issues.

#1 – Identify your benefits.
By identifying your benefits, you give yourself goals to strive for. Call the benefits inspiration.

#2 – Where are you going to start?
What's the most chaotic thing in your life? A stack of papers on the desk? Emails? Make a list of "the madness" and what you need to tackle first.

#3 – Who's going to do the work?
You or a hired professional? For me, I'm the worker bee. I'm making a list, prioritizing, and focusing. If I need to, I'll break down the task into piece to accomplish it.

#4 – When do I work?
For me, there's never enough time in the day, so I focus most of my organizational work on my day off. It might mean skipping a TV show or reading time.

For me, real life stuff comes first, boys, dishes, cooking, laundry, vacuuming, sweeping and mopping, and Mom's taxi service. Let's not forget my full time day-job. When I've got computer time, it's emails, Triberr, marketing/promo and writing.

If you're struggling to find balance or time, take a few extra minutes to yourself when you can. Organizing now will pay off later on throughout the year.

I'm going to try it. What could it hurt? I might finally find a few extra minutes to exercise before watching Games of Thrones of Downton Abbey.

Author Bio: Stephanie Burkhart is a 911 dispatcher for LAPD. She loves coffee, chocolate, and having an extra day off from work. Her latest release is "A Gentleman and a Rogue," book 2 in her steampunk romance series, "The Windsor Diaries."

Blurb: Will Lady Keira Russell win Queen Victoria's approval for her work with compressed natural gas or will Edmund ruin Keira's chances with his mischief making?

Opening:
Edmund Windsor landed flat on his rump. Frowning, he got to his knees and brushed the dirt off his frock jacket. To his left, he heard his cousin, Alice, grumbling. Good old Alice. It wouldn't be an adventure without her.

Alice drew her lips into a thin line and placed her finger on the bridge of her glasses, pushing them back up her nose. His cousin was dyslexic and required the specially made lenses to correct her vision.

Reviews: "I was hooked in it and did not want it to end. All of you romantic historical fans don’t miss this one – it is a winner." - 5 Stars, Trudi LoPreto for Reader's Favorites

"It’s the Amazing Race with energy sources in Stephanie Burkhart’s second steampunk." - 5 Stars, Muddy Rose Reviews

PUBLISHER'S BUY LINK:
http://stores.desertbreezepublishing.com/-strse-366/The-Windsor-Diaries-Book/Detail.bok

ALL ROMANCE EBOOKS:
https://www.allromanceebooks.com/product-thewindsordiariesbookthreeagentlemanandarogue-996194-141.html

BARNES & NOBLE (NOOK)
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/the-windsor-diaries-book-two-stephanie-burkhart/1113777499?ean=2940015869538

AMAZON (KINDLE:)

FIND ME ON THE WEB AT:

WEBSITE:

TWITTER:

FACEBOOK:
https://www.facebook.com/StephanieBurkhartAuthor

GOOD READS:

YOU TUBE CHANNEL:
http://www.youtube.com/user/botrina?feature=mhee

PINTEREST:
http://pinterest.com/sgburkhart/

4 comments:

Rosemary Gemmell said...

Love getting organised for a new year, Steph! Some good tips - and I don't have the full time day job to worry about. Amazed you get so much writing done!

Lindsay Townsend said...

So am I - Your sheer energy and creativity are inspiring, Steph!

Stephanie Burkhart said...

Thank you, Ladies. There's something to be said for a little organzination. It goes a long way.
Smiles
Steph

Linda Acaster said...

Steph, you *always* make me feel like the proverbial snail. I'd like to say tortoise, but that gets there in the end. The snail is still wading through its own sludge. Me to a T!

Thanks for posting.